Crypto Podcasts – The Ins and Outs
A cryptocurrency (aka “crypto”) is a digital form of currency that allows you to purchase goods and services like other currencies. You can also buy, sell, or trade cryptocurrencies for profit.
All things crypto are trending right now. It can be tough to understand, navigate, and filter through because it’s new and fast-moving.
Crypto podcasts offer a better grasp on the world of cryptocurrencies in a fun and engaging way. In this ever-changing and expanding field, crypto podcasts deliver current information directly from blockchain and cryptocurrency users’ personal experiences.
Due to the subject’s popularity and the desire to comprehend cryptocurrencies’ elusive nature, most crypto podcasts can easily be found on Apple, Google, Spotify, and other podcast platforms.
Podcasts are shaped by the host’s personality, experience, and expertise, so it’s best to sample and discover which of them are the most interesting and useful to you. Our guide gives a rundown of 15 of the top recommendations.
Top 15 Crypto Podcasts
1. Hash Power by Patrick O’Shaughnessy
- It’s a comprehensive guide excellent for beginners new to the crypto world that offers many perspectives
- Host Patrick O’Shaughnessy podcasts have been called “the best,” “insightful,” and “outstanding” by followers and reviewers
- O’Shaughnessy also has a highly-rated bi-weekly podcast Invest Like a Pro
The limited three-part audio documentary series from 2017 is available on Colossus.
2. Bitcoin Audible by Guy Swann
- Guy Swann discovered Bitcoin in 2011 and has gathered extensive knowledge from in-depth research ever since. He breaks down insights for people of all levels.
- Swann considers Bitcoin “revolutionary” and calls himself “the guy who’s read more about bitcoin than anyone else you know.”
- The podcast (previously called Cryptoconomy) is part of the Cryptoconomy Network.
3. The Pomp Podcast by Anthony Pompliano
- Pomp’s guests are always interesting and vary from celebrities to billionaires
- Notable guests include Anthony Scaramucci and the notorious investor Plan B
- The podcast has been downloaded millions of times in every country around the world
4. Unchained by Laura Shin
- Laura Shin is a crypto/blockchain journalist and also hosts the analysis podcast Unconfirmed.
- Laura has a Master’s Degree in Journalism from Columbia University
- Shin was the first mainstream reporter/senior editor to cover crypto assets full-time while working with Forbes
5. Nugget’s News Crypto & Finance Podcast
- Alex Saunders is an Australian pharmacist turned investor who has been active in Bitcoin, crypto, finance, and economics education since 2012
- Nugget’s News Crypto and Finance Podcast has over 1 million downloads
- The podcast’s focus is simplifying and demystifying cryptocurrency
6. The Bitcoin Podcast Network
The Bitcoin Podcast Network features lively discussions with multiple hosts and co-hosts who are part of the network.
- Roundtable discussions are the main feature of this podcast
- Co-hosts Demetrick and Dr. Corey Petty both attended Texas Tech University, where they both developed an affinity for Bitcoin and blockchain technology
- Insightful advice is offered in casual, long-form conversations
7. The Bad Crypto Podcast
The Bad Crypto Podcast offers insights and analysis on cryptocurrency with a large dose of humor for those seeking a side of comedy with their crypto.
- An edgier podcast focused on entertainment value with useful information aimed at demystifying cryptocurrency for newbies
- Excellent chemistry and camaraderie between hosts Joel Comm and Travis Wright
- The podcast receives regular news coverage and makes many “best of” lists
8. The Blockchain Show
- It’s one of the more creative and exciting podcasts about the technology behind Bitcoin.
- Credited as one of the Top 100 Influencers around blockchain globally by Upfolio
- The episodes explore how blockchain technology affects other industries like music, gaming, and global enterprises
9. The Bitcoin Knowledge Podcast
- Trace Mayer is an entrepreneur, investor, journalist, and “monetary scientist.”
- Mayer has law and accounting degrees and studied economics.
- Centers on interviews with top people in the Bitcoin industry
10. Altcoin Buzz Podcast
The Altcoin Buzz Podcast offers up-to-date information about cryptocurrency on-the-go.
- The podcast began in 2018 after their YouTube series’s success and morphed into an independent cryptocurrency digital media outlet.
- The no-frills podcast is geared towards newcomers seeking to understand the basics
- Currently limited to 35 archived episodes
11. Profit Maximalist
- Luke Martin is a trader who calls himself a “venture coinist.”
- The series was launched in 2018 and regularly produced digestible episodes that range from 12 to 60 minutes.
- The guests vary from traders and hedge fund managers to poker players and CEOs
12. Crypto Confidence Podcast
- Maya Middlemiss is an author, journalist, and CEO of BlockSparks
- The podcast aims to help the average consumer comprehend the ins and outs of crypto
- It explores the social impact of blockchain projects globally and how cryptocurrencies can affect the arts and altruism
13. The CoinFi Podcast: Conversations About Crypto Finance
The CoinFi Podcast presents candid conversations about the world of crypto finance since 2018.
- The podcast’s goal is to present concise (30 minutes or less) and insightful episodes in the tone of a casual discussion
- It utilizes data-discoveries, data-science and machine-learning modeling to back research and discoveries
- CoinFi Podcast works to bridge the gap between retail and institutional investors and translate challenging concepts into layman terminology
14. Token Talks – Interviews About the Best Projects in Crypto
In Token Talks, host Zach DeWitt highlights exciting emerging crypto projects through exclusive, unbiased interviews with blockchain technology founders.
- Launched in 2018, the series hopes to make navigating the crypto ecosystem more accessible by connecting industry leaders with consumers and companies
- Host Zach DeWitt is a Partner at Wing and former CEO/co-founder of Drop Inc.
- DeWitt has an interest and expertise in AI-powered applications, enterprise SaaS and productivity/collaboration tools.
15. The Crypto Show
- The podcast began in 2015, but the series aired on terrestrial radio in 2014. It was the first show of its kind dedicated to cryptocurrency
- The Crypto Show promotes “crypto-anarchism for liberty-minded people” as its vision
- Host Dr. Julian Hosp is an advisor, angel investor, author, speaker, former medical doctor, and athlete