- A cryptocurrency (crypto) portfolio tracker is an app or website where you can keep track of your coin’s value and manage your investments.
- Crypto trackers link with our exchanges and wallets, providing you with something similar so a one-stop-shop for all you need to know about changes in the value of your crypto assets.
Some crypto portfolio trackers also have crypto trading platforms, meaning that you can buy and sell cryptocurrencies on them. There has been a massive increase in cryptocurrency tradable assets in recent years.
The cryptocurrency market has experienced such growth that it has become challenging to track price changes easily and to follow other news surrounding your assets. This is where crypto portfolio trackers come in.
Keeping track of your cryptocurrency assets’ worth may become more tedious as you gain more experience in the crypto market. Crypto portfolio trackers will allow you to monitor changes in the prices of crypto assets in your portfolio and give you a summary of your crypto net worth.
What to Look for in a Crypto Portfolio Tracker
Every crypto portfolio tracker has its unique characteristics. However, there are certain features that a crypto portfolio must have before it can rank among the best.
Overall User Experience/User Interface
Any app that users find difficult to understand or navigate will not exist for long. Since the sole purpose of a crypto portfolio tracker is to allow users to view and keep up to date with all their crypto assets, a simple app is best.
The value of each coin must be explicit and obvious, and users shouldn’t have to struggle to find it. A crypto portfolio tracker needs a clean design, simple operation, and a clean layout.
Safety and Security
Most cryptocurrencies operate on decentralized blockchains, making them difficult to track. It is also difficult to detect who a crypto wallet belongs to. What’s even more unfortunate is that once a transaction is initiated, getting the asset/money back is virtually impossible.
When choosing a crypto portfolio tracker, pay extra attention to the security features of the app. Many cryptocurrency portfolio trackers are linked to your bank accounts or another exchange platform.
Failure to protect your crypto assets adequately may give hackers access to your crypto wallets. Choose a tracker that either has multifactor (two-factor) authentication or multi-layer encryption.
Automation and Real-Time Data Feed
One of the critical reasons for having a crypto portfolio is for investment purposes, and investment involves keeping track of your investment assets’ values.
A quality crypto portfolio tracker needs a real-time price update feature to allow you to monitor the difference in your purchasing price and the current price. Knowing this difference will let you see if you’ve made any profits or losses.
A crypto portfolio tracker should also automatically calculate the cryptocurrency equivalent whenever you enter a purchase amount.
Wide Range of Coins and Exchanges
There are several cryptocurrencies to invest in. A good tracker should be a one-stop-shop for as many coins as possible. Hence, choose a crypto portfolio tracker that connects all coins and exchanges you’ve invested in.
The exchange rate on crypto portfolio trackers also differs. Try to examine the exchange rates between the coins you’re interested in before signing up to use any tracker. This way, you do not have to memorize multiple passwords.
Most traders or investors in crypto assets like to keep track of their transactions over a long period. However, most crypto exchanges only allow users to export their trading history for up to three months.
Asides from keeping track of your performance, having access to your transaction history over a more extended period is essential. A solid history is crucial for determining tax liabilities and other financial elements.
Our Top Picks for Crypto Portfolio Trackers
Now, let’s dive into our top picks for crypto portfolio trackers. Keep in mind that our selection is based on the presence of the core features we’ve highlighted.
Blockfolio is one of the most popular crypto trackers among traders who have been in the business for a while. The app has well over 6 million users even though it was founded more recently, in 2014.
Blockfolio is an excellent choice for crypto portfolio tracking. No wonder they captured a massive share of the crypto tracking market at the 2017 crypto bull market.
- Blockfolio has a superb design and user experience, thanks to its mobile-first design; this is one key feature that distinguishes it from other trackers.
- It has a wide range of crypto assets (over 10,000) with about 15 exchange connections.
- The app is also equipped with a project intelligence tool, Signal, that gives you information and news on your favorite projects and assets.
- You can set up price alerts for significant assets like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other less essential crypto assets.
- The app is entirely free to use
- It has an Apple Store rating of 4.9/5.0 on 28k ratings.
- The app is only available on mobile devices, not yet on PC, Mac, or web.
- Compared to some of the other big names in the crypto tracking business, Blockfolio has fewer crypto account connections.
With Kubera, you can keep track of your financial accounts and other assets, including real estate, brokerages, and bank assets.
With their partnership with Zabo, Kubera brings your traditional financial accounts and cryptocurrency accounts in one place, allowing you to keep track of your net-worth without switching apps.
You’ll join over 4 million satisfied users with Kubera.
- Kubera has a straightforward and clean user interface, making it a top choice for new and experienced crypto traders.
- The most exciting feature of this app is probably its capacity to combine all your financial assets (including crypto) in a single app, thereby saving you the need to memorize separate passwords for bank accounts, real estate tracking app, and crypto portfolios.
- It supports several crypto account connections, including top cryptocurrency exchanges and self-custody favorites like MetaMask, Trezor, and Ledger.
- The app provides maximum privacy for users as it does not keep track of any of their data.
- It is not free, although there’s a 14-days free trial window to test the app, after which you’ll have to pay $12/month or $120/per to continue enjoying their services.
- The app is only available for web users. Hence, Android and iOS users will have to look elsewhere.
Delta was founded in 2017 and has since become very popular and even sometimes compared with Blockfolio. The app was acquired by eToro in 2019. eToro is a social trading giant and one of the first fintech companies to expand their services to crypto.
The company has since gathered over 13 million users on its platform. The two companies are currently working on creating an app that integrates crypto tracking, stocks, and financial assets.
- The app has an excellent user interface.
- Delta has about 24 exchange connections and 14 wallets.
- You can also set price alerts for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other assets supported on the app.
- The essential features of the app are completely free to use.
- Delta has a similar feature to Signal in Blockfolio, Delta Direct, which also sends you news updates on your favorite projects.
- Only the basic features on the app are free. To have access to the full features like unlimited exchange connections and multi-device syncing, Delta offers a pro plan of $58.99/yr.
- Delta is only available for mobile devices (Android and iOS); it’s not available for desktop users.
4. Lunch Money
The main feature of this app is budgeting. However, recently, the app has expanded its services to include crypto portfolio tracking.
Lunch money partnered with Zabo in 2020 and launched its support for crypto exchanges and wallets. The app also has an in-built network tracking feature to keep track of their total financial net worthwhile preparing their budgets.
- The app has a highly functional and simplistic design.
- Lunch money supports all major crypto wallets and exchanges, thanks to their partnership with Zabo.
- The app is a powerful budgeting tool.
- Aside from being a budgeting tool, Lunch Money can help you track all your financial accounts, including cryptocurrency.
- The app is not free but offers a 14-day free trial and, afterward, charges $6.67/month.
- Lunch money is not available for mobile (iOS and Android) users. Only web users can access the app.
CoinStats stands out among other crypto trackers with its cross-platform feature. There over 500k active users, and the company claims to track more than $5billion cryptocurrency on their platform.
- CoinStats offers support for all platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, iWatch, web, and Google Chrome extension).
- It has one of the most extensive lists of crypto exchanges and wallet (about 34 wallets and 26 exchanges)
- The basic features of the app are completely free.
- CoinStats keep updating their app with new features to keep it relevant.
- The app has a rating of 4.8/5.0 on 42.4k ratings.
- CoinStats is only free for a few connections. To enjoy unlimited connections, you’ll need to subscribe either for the pro or premium features, which cost $3.49/month and $13.99/month, respectively.
Zerion was one of the first apps to invest in Ethereum and DeFi. The company was founded in 2016, and by December 2019, it raised $2M to keep developing tools for DeFi. Months later, the company was already well established and positioned in the crypto space.
- Zerion’s excellent user interface was why the app won an award in 2019 for having the best UX for Ethereum apps.
- Zerion is available on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- All features on Zerion are completely free.
- Zerion has wide Defi functionality asides from tracking Ethereum, and these features are frequently updated.
- With its DeFi feature, Zerion allows you to do other things asides from tracking your crypto portfolio. You can invest, trade assets, and also borrow money.
- Zerion only allows you to track your Defi and Ethereum assets. With Zerion, you cannot monitor your crypto net worth or other financial net worth, for that matter.
Zapper, like Zerion, also made a bet on the possibility of making DeFi work. The gamble paid off, and the company experienced massive growth in 2020. By August 2020, the company already raised a $1.5M seed round to keep improving their services and building new products.
- Zapper’s interface is simple and uniquely designed. Despite the complexity of DeFi, the app can display all your Defi activities with a simple interface.
- Zapper constantly features popular Defi projects, and new features are always added to make the app stand out among others.
- You can also perform other transactions with DeFi in several ways like borrowing, trading, and investing.
- Zapper is only available for the web presently.
- Only Ethereum can DeFi assets can be tracked on Zapper. Tracking other crypto assets will require that you get other portfolio trackers.
Altpocket is one of the top crypto trackers that traders turn to enjoy real-time price changes in cryptocurrencies. Since its launch in 2017, the app has caught the attention of many investors.
- Altpocket has a simple and clean user interface and also has a dark theme feature.
- Over 100 supported coins
- Can track ICO investments and mined cryptocurrencies.
- In-built real-time profit/loss calculation
- One unique feature of Altpocket is its social components, which are not found in other tracking apps.
- Altpocket has limited functionalities than other crypto trackers, although the company is always looking for ways to improve its services.
Cryptopanic is a crypto portfolio tracker that equally functions as a news aggregator platform. The news platform provides traders with information about price movement in the cryptocurrency market and the reasons for the price changes. The interface is also very easy to navigate, even for newbies in the crypto business.
- Cryptopanic has a news section where news is collated, a media section where crypto-related videos and analysis from YouTube channels, and of course, a crypto portfolio tracker.
- Cryptopanic supports over ten exchanges.
- You can conveniently track your crypto portfolio by integrating it with API keys from your exchanges.
- The app is supported on mobile devices, iOS, and Android.
- The platform supports Slack, Telegram, and Discord.
- You can track price changes in coins that are of interest to you.
- The basic features of the app are free.
- The president features of the app require a signup fee of $9/month or $99/yr.
CoinMarketCap has over 37 million users visiting the site monthly, making it one of the most visited sites in the world. CoinMarketCap helps you to track your crypto assets conveniently.
- The platform is completely free.
- CoinMarketCap is available on the web and mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- You can easily follow up on blockchain and cryptocurrency news updates.